REMEMBER 2 SMILE

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tip O' the Day

During my longer runs, I usually take a little Gatorade or something similar to consume mid-way through for a little energy, but today I tried something different.  At mile 4, of my 8-mile jaunt, I devoured a GU Energy Gel.  The "Mandarin Orange" flavor was less than desirable, but the packet rejuvenated me within minutes.  My next two miles felt almost like my very first two, in terms of pep in my step.  I'd highly recommend these to anyone for some much needed, mid-workout fuel.

According to the GU website, "A shot of fast-acting natural fructose (fruit sugar) goes straight to work building your energy levels back up while the maltodextrin is quickly absorbed and sent to your muscles. Vital electrolytes keep your blood chemistry in line and hydration levels stable. Calcium keeps your muscles humming and caffeine adds an extra kick to your power."

No comments:

Post a Comment